Car Seat Safety
Turtle Mountain Car Seat Program
The Turtle Mountain Car Seat Program will educate families on the proper use of child restraints, to include the best practices to insure the safety of the child who rides in the child restraint. The child restraint choice is chosen according to the age, weight and height of the child. Parents are then educated on the installation of the child restraint to the vehicle they use to transport the child. Installation is offered to the parents and assistance is given to the parent on the correct installation.
Offer Child Safety Seats at reduced cost to parent/caregiver. Free Car Seat Checks are scheduled throughout the year in various locations in Rolette County for parents to attend.
Car Seat Eligibility Requirements
- There are no income restrictions on who may receive a car safety seat.
- Families may receive one car seat per child.
- If a child outgrows the seat he/she has received, he/she may be eligible for the next type of car seat.
- Only primary caregivers are eligible to receive a car seat.
- Grandparents are not eligible for car seats through this program unless they are the primary caregiver.
- Child care programs are not eligible for car seats through this program.
Car Seats prices are as follows:
- Infant – $25.00
- Convertible – $25.00
- High Back w/ Harness – $25.00
- High Back Booster – $15.00
- No Back Booster – $10.00